November 15, 2017 - Week 13

This week I reviewed a couple of my current design ideas. The cable idea for the trussing system has now been scrapped, as compression forces will need to be accounted for. The top running beam is too small and flimsy to be able to carry load on its own. Therefore I will need to revise my previous X-bracing design to maximize strength while minimizing the volume.

Other design changes and new designs I have been working on have been the vertical column supports and clamps, as well as making a mounting bracket for the track to attach to the horizontal crossbeam. The difficult part of this task is to determine where the placement of the bracket should lie. As the vertical hangers are very small and have few mounting holes, figuring out the size and orientation of these brackets will be difficult to visualize. After these two parts are completed, I will be able to run a stress analysis on the whole assembly to determine if there are failure points and what may require reinforcements.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 9 - Week 16 Spring 2018

March 14 - Week 8 Spring 2018

April 25 - Week 14 Spring 2018