October 11, 2017 - Week 7 & 8

Milotek has not given us the full drawings on the vertical columns as well as the track yet. I have decided to start producing drawings for the trussing as well as creating a layout of the columns. So far, these are the designs I have created:




The top shows the original design I had in mind for the cross bracing of the vertical supports. However, I realized that this will use a lot of material, and the manufacturing process of this would be extremely difficult. I decided to create the two below drawings, which feature multiple parts. The cross structure is reversible, so it can be manufactured/installed more easily. While there are more parts to be made in the second design, it prevents a lot of wasted materials as well as making it easier to manufacture.

I have also started to work on the vertical columns for the track and have nearly finished. What's left is to create a clamp design that will support the horizontal beam to the vertical columns, as well as clamping for the track itself to the horizontal beam.




After the full structure and clamping is finished, I will need to work on the curved section of the track, as well as design the switching mechanism.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 9 - Week 16 Spring 2018

April 25 - Week 14 Spring 2018

March 14 - Week 8 Spring 2018